Friday, February 28, 2014

TIM HOLTZ' 12 TAGS OF 2014 FEBRUARY TAG

Sliding in at the bewitching hour, I have a tag to present to Tim Holtz' 12 tags of 2014.  I loved the technique Tim presented in his tutorial.  I used all of his steps including distress staining the tag, and stenciling the tag in three colors (tattered rose, worn lipstick, and finally fired brick) using TH Dot Fade stencil.  I then covered the entire tag with clear EP and embossed.  LOVE the shiny effect!!



I then created my "chalkboard" with the sentiment on it.  After that, I went astray.  I used some wooden hearts (found at Paper Whimsey).  I love working with patterned paper and mixing and matching prints.  I used papers from My Mind's Eye Reunion.  The hearts were covered and stacked and then placed on a bed of crinoline.  The small heart became my "chunky heart" after it was drowned in Distress Glitter.


I made a love token (wooden blank from Paper Whimsey) using TH Crackled Paint.  I stamped LOVE TOKEN and used Distress Glitter on the wings.  Of course there had to be an arrow through my heart since the person receiving this LOVE TOKEN shot right through it.  AND, that person also received the KEY to my heart, so it's pretty much a done deal!


Again, I loved the stamping and embossing technique Mr. Holtz taught us this month.  Love learning new techniques. Thank you, Mr. Holtz!



No comments:

Post a Comment