Sunday, January 5, 2014

COUNTRY VIEW CRAFTS CHALLENGES January 2014

I would like to submit an entry to Country View Crafts Challenge for January 2014. The Challenge Site is HERE.  You can see the details of the challenge HERE.  The theme is MONOCHROMATIC (which I love).  Country View Crafts blogspot is very interesting and rich with technique and ideas of all kinds.  The rules of the challenges may be seen HERE.

For my monochromatic color, I chose Tim Holtz's Broken China.  I painted a  manila tag with TH Antique Linen DP (using about 4 coats).  Then, I used a Recollections script stamp all over the card and embossed clear.  I then went back over the embossing with more Antique Linen.  For my background, I stenciled a Prima stencil all over with Broken China DI.  Next, I used Kaisercraft Tiny Dot, Hessian, and Diamonds stamps (using Broken China) to complete the background.


Next, I created the same background on a larger manila tag, but did not paint the tag first.  I glued the smaller tag on and stained the edges of the larger card with Vintage Photo DI.  That gave me a little bit bigger area on which to work.  I wanted to use a new scrumptious stamp from TH {Components}.  I used a plaque cut from cream CS and stamped the image with Broken China DI.  Then, adding a small frame cut from a Sizzix Lovely Labels die, I began the sentiment for the card.


My New Year wish is that all crafters will be able to cherish the time we are given in 2014.  So, my sentiment starts with "time's flying." and at the bottom, I continued "cherish the new year".



Finally, I used Tim Holtz Alterations Bird Branch die for the final piece. I cut one bird and branch out of very heavy CS and 2 other pieces from medium CS.  Then, I used wrapping paper for the top bird and branch (it was the only paper I could find that went with my theme), gluing all the pieces together for a sturdy piece that I could pop-up with dots..  

I have become quite fond of Broken China DI now.  It just may be my favorite.  Thank you for allowing me to enter the challenge.  Happy New Year to everyone.


Jayne H

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful tag Jayne with wonderful texture and layers, I love the sentiment behind it very much. Hope you had a great Christmas and wishing you a very happy new year and thanks for the lovely comment on my blog.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments, Brenda.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! This is a stunning piece of tag art Jayne!
    Wishing you a happy & creative 2014.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete